Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
Equity Vision Statement
The following vision for equity is aspirational. It is meant to guide our work. It is where we would like to be. We understand that the work is ongoing and evolving. As we learn and grow, so should our vision for equity.
At Falmouth Public Schools (FPS) we celebrate each individual's unique identity and inherent potential. We believe all staff, students, and families should feel safe, welcome, included, and have a sense of belonging. In order to do this, we acknowledge that educational equity includes individuals, relationships, and systems.
We commit to confronting and challenging common colonizing practices by:
- Supporting all individuals to feel connected, represented, and valued without fear of prejudice or bias;
- Developing and updating equitable policies, practices, and systems;
- Fostering and sustaining an environment of inclusiveness;
- Uplifting historically marginalized voices;
- Seeking and developing anti-bias curriculum and providing fair and just access to educational opportunities; and
- Allocating resources to ensure the sustainability of this vision
All members of FPS are committed to thoughtful and frequent reflection that ensures accountability to this vision.
Last updated August 2023
Discrimination and Harassment
School Board Policies
AC - Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
JICK - Bullying
Discrimination and harassment are not tolerated by Falmouth Public Schools.
Equity Audit Report & Community Dialogues
In 2021, Falmouth Public Schools conducted an Equity Audit to inform our efforts to achieve greater equity and inclusion.